RAI Secretariat and the Academy for Training of Judges and Prosecutors of the Republic of Macedonia are going to organize the 4th edition of the Summer School for Junior Magistrates from South Eastern Europe on June 01-07, 2009, in Ohrid, Macedonia.
Introduced for the first time in 2006, the event represents an annual forum where the organizers bring together young magistrates (judges and prosecutors) from South Eastern Europe and offer them the possibility to gain from the knowledge and experience in the anti-corruption area of highly qualified experts from the academic society, international organizations and national anti-corruption bodies.
The expected positive result is the professional development of the participants, raising their awareness towards the international standards, requirements and best practices in the related area, as well as the establishment of a basis for enhanced bilateral and regional cooperation among junior officials engaged in anti-corruption activities.
The 4th edition of the Summer School will be dedicated to the “International Standards and Cooperation in the Fight against Corruption” and will incorporate modules on:
1. International standards in anti-corruption – the implementation of relevant conventions of United Nations and Council of Europe.
2. Asset recovery: proceeds of crime.
3. Anti-corruption policies and preventive measures – available tools and best practices.
4. Reform of the judiciary and anti-corruption, as challenges of the EU accession process.
5. EU experience regarding the international judicial cooperation in criminal matters stressing on the activity of structures like OLAF and EUROJUST.