Type of Contract:
Expected Duration of Assignment:
3 months (with the possibility for an extension up to 6 months)
About the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative
Regional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) is an intergovernmental regional organization comprised of nine member countries from South East Europe (SEE): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania and Serbia; and three observers: Poland, Georgia and Slovenia. RAI’s mission is to lead regional cooperation to support anti-corruption efforts by providing a common platform for discussions through sharing knowledge and best practices. RAI acts as a regional hub through which governments of the region combine their efforts to help curb corruption in the SEE. RAI Secretariat is based in Sarajevo and is the executive body of the Initiative. It facilitates regional cooperation and efforts in curbing corruption in SEE by building on existing actions, through better coordination of all efforts, and by relying on high-level political commitment. The Secretariat adopts a human rights-based approach and promotes anti-discrimination by promoting the impact of corruption is looked at from perspectives including gender, disability, and poverty.
RAI Secretariat provides internship opportunities for graduate and post-graduate students interested to put into practice their knowledge acquired during the education and training. RAI Secretariat seeks to create a working environment conducive to interns’ substantive learning and professional development by introducing them to the duties, opportunities and realities of working in a regional organization and to the functioning of international institutions in field of anti-corruption.
The Secretariat provides guidance and know-how to interns, assesses their achievements, and provides them with an evaluation report and a Certificate of successful completion at the end of the Internship period.
RAI Secretariat Terms of References regulate Intern status (ToR Secretariat 5.2.4).
Specifically, Intern will join Secretariat in implementing programmatic objectives of RAI. For more information about the what is on the Secretariat’s agenda please see our Workplan 2021-2022. The intern will be expected to work from home.
Intern provides substantive input and active involvement in the ongoing actions and projects, particularly in the field of:
- – Content creation and management of RAI’s social media channels;
- – Researches and drafts blogs, articles, and content for the RAI website;
- – Performs other related tasks as directed by his/her direct supervisor.
This Call for Applications is open for all eligible candidates coming from the following RAI member countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, and Serbia.
- – Bachelor degree in Law, Social or Political Sciences with experience or skills in graphic design, visual communications, social media management, or a degree related to communications with knowledge and understanding of anti-corruption;
- – Experience with WordPress or similar web content management tools (CMS);
- – Experience in social media communications;
- – Well-developed skills in research, analysis, and writing;
- – Strong organizational skills and self-motivation;
- – Excellent knowledge of English and one more language of the SEE region;
- – Ability to work cooperatively with people of different ethnic and national backgrounds;
- – Knowledge of anti-corruption policy and strategic studies as well as of the justice and home affairs environment of the EU and SEE region would be desirable.
Duration of the internship program
The Internship agreement shall be concluded for a period of 3 months, with the possibility of an extension for additional 3 months subject to performance and available funding.
The internship program will be home-based. The actual schedule and tasks will be agreed upon with the supervisor.
For home-based internships, the Intern’s work will be financially compensated in the amount of 300EUR/month.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible, all interested candidates should submit their CV along with a letter of motivation (up to 1500 characters), to the RAI Secretariat (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than midnight of May 22, 2022 (23:59 CEST).
Email subject: Application to the internship program 2022
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications in the wrong format and/or incomplete applications will be automatically considered ineligible.
RAI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Qualified individuals from minority groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.