Summer School for Junior AC Practitioners 2007
International and Regional Cooperation in the Fight against Corruption and Organized Crime
The event was jointly organized by the Regional Secretariats of the Stability Pact Initiatives against Corruption and Organized Crime (SPAI RSLO from Sarajevo and SPOC from Bucharest) in cooperation with the Romanian Ministry of Justice and National Institute for Magistrates with the support of SEEPAG and USAID
The event took place in Training Center for Magistrates, Sovata, Romania in the period July 7-13, 2007
- International standards in anti-corruption – the implementation of the relevant UN and CoE conventions;
- Anti-corruption policies and preventive measures – available tools and best practices;
- EU experience regarding the international judicial cooperation in criminal matters (EUROJUST, European Judicial Network, OLAF, EUROPOL);
- Reform of the judiciary and anti-corruption as challenges of the EU accession process.
Training modules benefited from the presences of experts from Bulgaria, Italy, Montenegro, Romania, United Kingdom as well as international organizations involved in the fight against corruption: DLAF, OLAF, Stability Pact Initiatives against Corruption and Organized Crime, Transparency International, Romania.
Magistrates, judges and prosecutors from Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and UNMIK/Kosovo.
All participants successfully passed the final examination. Graduation certificates were delivered by the Romanian Minister of Justice, Tudor Chiuariu and co-signed by Sorin Sterie, Acting Head of SPAI- RSLO and SPOC.
- Are criminal law measures strictly confined to the third pillar ? (latest developments in the ECJ jurisprudence)
- Confiscation of assets: the relationship between administrative control and criminal investigation bodies
- Fight against corruption: the international legal framework
- How would you deal with an OLAF request?
- Judicial cooperation in criminal matters within the European Union of 27 Member States
- Making the Codes of Ethics work: Practical approaches to integrity management
- Managing Conflicts of Interest