Currently Open Internship Position
|Location:||Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Internship Quarter:||Quarter 3 2017 (July 01 – September 30)|
|Application Deadline:||May 15, 2017|
|Type of Contract:||Internship Agreement|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||3 months (July 01 – September 30)|
|Eligible Member Countries*:||Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia|
*Depending on the nationality of the intern to be selected for the Quarter 2 2017, the number of eligible countries might be amended. Please see Eligibility for more details.
Regional Anti-corruption Initiative (RAI) – Secretariat supports a variety of its projects each quarter by providing Internship opportunities for Graduate and post-graduate students.
RAI Secretariat seeks to create a working environment conducive to interns’ substantive learning and professional development by introducing them to the work in an international public organization and to the functioning of EU and international institutions related to Regional Anti-corruption Initiative. The Secretariat provides guidance and know-how to interns, assesses their achievements and provides them with an evaluation report and certificate of successful completion at the end of Internship period.
Tasks and Duties
Interns work within the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative on implementing programmatic objectives of the Secretariat and provide a substantive input and active involvement for the ongoing projects/activities, and perform the following tasks and duties:
- Provide substantive input and be actively involved into the running projects;
- Finalize a thematic study by the end of the internship period;
- Assist to the development and updating of the Regional Anti-corruption Initiative Secretariat’s Online Resource Centre;
- Provide support to the Secretariat staff to ensure the efficient preparation of Regional Anti-corruption meetings and events;
- Perform other related tasks as directed by their direct supervisor or by the Head of the Secretariat.
The Secretariat offers internship opportunities to all eligible candidates. Candidates coming from member countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, and Serbia) have a priority in selection. With respect to RAI Secretariat’s policy of principle of rotation, candidates from certain member countries may not be eligible for a certain quarter. Please check information on Currently Open Internship Position above).
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, Security Studies, or related field;
- Good knowledge of anti-corruption policy and strategic studies as well as of the justice and home affairs environment of the EU and SEE;
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation;
- Well-developed skills in research, analysis, and writing;
- Excellent knowledge of English and any other lingua franca in SEE is an advantage;
- Working proficiency in word processing and IT basics;
- Ability to work co-operatively with people of different ethnic and national backgrounds;
- Experience and ability to work in a demanding environment and within limited time frames
Duration of the internship program
Typical internship program duration 3 months, though in some cases, there may be a possibility to be renewed upon special academic requirements or special needs within RAI Secretariat. Start dates may vary by internship and will need to be discussed during the interview process.
Type of Internship
The internship program within RAI Secretariat is normally on a full-time basis and in accordance with working hours of RAI Secretariat.
In line with RAI Secretariat’s Terms of Reference, arrangements for travel and visas are the responsibilities of interns. RAI Secretariat will provide support and assistance to intern for these and other administrative issues and will bear the expenses associated with accommodation and cover for minimum amount of intern’s travel and living expenses from its budget.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible, all interested candidates should submit their CV (prefereably in Europass format) along with a letter of motivation (up to 1500 characters), to RAI Secretariat (e-mail: email@example.com ). Please indicate what quarter(s) you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications in wrong format and/or incomplete applications will automatically be considered as ineligible.
Other important dates
Internships within RAI Secretariat are posted quarterly, but Secretariat is open for receiving applications throughout the year. Applications for specific quarters can be made according to the following schedule:
Internship Quarter Applications Open By:
q1 (January – March)
q2 (April – June)
q3 (July – September)
q4 (October – December)